This afternoon I was shooting some portraits and mid-session decided that I really needed to see them on screen to see if they were working. It’s probably about three or four years since I last tried tethered capture and needless to say software has moved on since then. Here’s a quick note of how to do it using Lightroom 3, therefore bypassing the Canon software that I have always found to be slightly quirky.
- Ensure that all the usual Canon drivers are installed.
- Ensure in Canon menu that the PC connect mode is selected.
- Endure in LR that auto import IS NOT selected – it conflicts!
- In LR select File/Tethered capture
- A menu bar will appear
- You can fire from the camera or the button on the menu bar
- Open the folder in the folders area of LR to see images as they are captured.
- If file/tethered capture/auto advance selection is selected then images will auto advance as captured.
- The image is of course captured on both the card and the hard disk.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84221.html is helpful.